Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Spooky Halloween!!!

Hi Everyone!  Happy Halloween!  Hope you enjoy a S-P-O-O-K-Y night filled with costumes, candy and fun!

This is a card I did for a client a year or so ago, whose friend happens to celebrate her birthday on Halloween.  It is an easel card featuring the Bride of Frankenstein which I think is worthy of an encore.

Traditional black and orange just didn't work since it was a birthday card as well as a Halloween card.  I had so much fun making it grungy and spooky!


I used the Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge to cut all of the spooky pieces.  Frankenstein's wife has lots of fun extras but, unfortunately, the camera failed to do her justice.

The lovely Bride was cut from a pale green cardstock and shaded with a darker green colored pencil.  If you look closely, you'll see that she has earrings, a necklace and a ring--she is a bride, after all.  The "mirror" was cut from metal and mounted underneath a spiderweb frame.  I shaded the mirror front in various places and adhered a scary face, as if she were speaking to "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall".  And, of course, she IS the fairest of them all!!  LOL!


Her eyes were layered with the Cricut cuts and then filled with glossy accents.  (You all know how much I LOVE Glossy Accents, lol!)  In this case, it added depth and made them look especially eerie!  I also hand cut long, full eyelashes and applied them just as I would false eyelashes.  After all, this lovely lady needed perfect makeup for her wedding!!  Her lips were also filled with Glossy accents, as I was certain the bride of Frankenstein would have nothing less than blood red, dripping wet lips!

You really cannot see it very well, but I fussy cut a corset for this little lady and outlined the tiny details with Glossy Accents so it would have a "patent leather" appeal.  I also carefully shaded her body and her dress to emphasize her assets, as well as the detail in the gown.  The flared sleeves at the wrist were not a part of the original gown design, so I fussy cut them separate and applied them with pop dots so her hands beneath were still visible.


In this photo you can see the detail in her lovely coiffure.  I detailed her hair with colored pencil and used electric blue hologram paper to highlight her streak.  After I cut the hair using my Cricut Expression, I chose to fussy cut the hair further in order to fit around her ear in a specific way.  I wanted her earrings to show, of course!


The words at the top of the card were creepy as they were, but I added Glossy Accents to the drips to make it look a little bit creepier!


The bottom of the card was accented with a row of ribbon and old lace.  And I couldn't forget an extra change of shoes!  The spiders are her lovely pets and are with her at all times.


The background paper was embossed, inked and ripped in various places to featured old, tattered lace sticking out here and there.

I wish these photos were a little more clear.  This card was far spookier in person than it appears in these terrible photos. I apologize for my bad photography.

This is, by far, one of my favorite cards ever!  Thanks for joining me again today.  Have a happy Halloween!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment