Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sharing a little bit about my life.

Hi Everyone!  Today is Thursday and it is beautiful and sunny here in Atlanta, without a cloud in the sky!  As I recover from pneumonia, I thought it might be nice to share a little bit about myself. 

My husband and I are "empty-nesters" living in Atlanta, Georgia.  Our kids are grown with children of their own, all living in the Midwest.  We miss them all terribly, but we know that they each have their own lives now. 

Hubby and I have four dogs to help fill the "empty-nester" void.  I thought you might enjoy seeing photos of our furry little family, so here goes!

This is Chloe Bernice.  She is our little Toy Poodle.  I thought this was the cutest picture with her little tongue sticking out as she drifted off to sleep. 

Although I chose Chloe to be my fru-fru "purse" dog, it wasn't long before we realized that she didn't really fit in that role at all.  Instead, she is my hubby's best fishing buddy!  :o)  Poodles were bred to be water retrievers, and that breeding is well established in Miss Chloe.


Next up is Mr. Rusty Paws.  He is from a small rescue in Tennessee and is a Beagle/Black and Tan Hound mix.  

 My hubby picked him out as a 10 week old pup to be his fishing buddy, but you know what they say about animals--they pick YOU, not the other way around, lol!  Since Rusty really HATES the water, he chose to be my loyal guardian and companion.  He won't even go to bed without me.


This is my sweet Summer Breeze.  Summer is a special girl who came from a rescue here in Georgia.  She is a Papillon rescued from difficult circumstances. It hasn't been easy for Summer to trust, but over time she has blossomed into a sweet, loving dog. 

Can you see her smiling?


Last, but certainly not least, is our little Sweetpea.  She is a coarse hair Jack Russell Terrier.  She was rescued in Oklahoma and came to us as a little, scraggly pup--so ugly she was cute, lol! 

This little stinker loves her entire family and shows her boundless affection to everyone, humans and dogs alike, by slathering them in kisses.  She has brought sunshine into our home and is happy from the moment she opens her eyes in the morning, until the time she finally drifts off  to sleep at night.  What a blessing!

I hope you enjoyed a little insight into my little furry family.  My daily inspiration is, in large part, due to them.  They are certainly the ones who keep my husband and I going when we live so far away from loved ones.

I will be visiting each of your blogs, enjoying your creativity until I get a little energy back to create again myself.  Have a great rest of the week and thank you for visiting!

Merilee


3 comments:

  1. Hi Merilee! Hope you are feeling a bit better each and every day! We had a beautiful day here in southeast Alabama also. Still a bit chilly, but so sunny and pretty. I love the pics of your sweet, furry family....they are all just darling. My hubby and I are also empty nesters, but only have one fur baby. Lola is our spoiled rotten, energetic little Yorkie. Isn't it amazing how much love and companionship these little guys bring into our lives? Thanks for sharing your sweet photos and I hope you are back to crafting very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merilee! Your furry kids are beautiful!! We couldn't have children so we have a four legged furry one. He's an eight year old German Shorthaired Pointer named Buddy. We spoil him and love him so much! I hope you continue to feel better, I'm currently fighting bronchitis, I can't imagine how fatigued you must be, I'm tired with my mild illness. Have a Very Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Merilee,
    i hope you are recovering from your pneunomia.

    Thank you for sharing the lovely photos of your "babies".
    they look like they are all good kids :-)

    have a lovely day and fingers crossed the weather stays better.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete