Monday, September 10, 2012

Nontraditional Anniversary Card

Hi again!  This is my second post for today. 

My daughter and her husband recently celebrated their wedding anniversary and I made a special card for the occasion.  I wanted to create a card specifically suited to them, so I did something a bit nontraditional.  They love to go bike riding as a family and when I saw this darling bicycle stamp, I knew just what I'd use it for!  :o)
This image is from Flourishes Clear Art Stamps, Bike Ride, and features this adorable bicycle.  I thought it perfectly represented my daughter and her family's interests.


I used my Letraset Markers to color this image.  They blend so perfectly and really make coloring a breeze!  Once I finished, I got out my Atyou Spica Twinkling Like Stars Pens and added a little sparkle here and there. I'm sorry you can't see it in this picture--it was impossible to photograph. I love the sparkle from these pens.  It is very subtle and only shows when the light hits it just right.  For the finishing touches I added a few highlights with my Sakura Ice Cream Smooth Gelly Roll Pen, along with a little bow on the basket.
Once I cropped my image, I scored it very simply with two lines all around the image.  Then I took my emery board and scuffed up the edges a bit to add a vintage feel.  To finish it off I added three tiny brads to the left side.
Along the bottom edge I used my Martha Stewart Sunburst Punch to create a double border--one cut in yellow polka dot and one cut in solid blue to create a shadow effect.  I then inked the edge of the blue shadow to make it stand out from the card base and offset them from one another.
 
This pretty little tag is from the Whimsy Stamp Collection Tab Die 1 and Vintage Birthday Tabs 1 sets.  I thought it was perfect for the occasion and dressed up my image a bit with a vintage feel.
For the inside of the card I used two of the sentiments from the Bike Ride set (upper left and lower right) and then mixed and matched an additional stamp set by Glitz Clear Stamps, Happy Travels, which I picked up at Peachy Cheap.  I couldn't believe it had a small bicycle to go along with my theme--that was a happy accident!  :o)  I also added another Whimsy stamp from the Magical Mini Letter Seals Collection.  I thought all of the elements blended together perfectly to create this card.
I hope you enjoyed my card for today.  It's great to get back to my card making again!  I hope you come back to share another creation soon!
 
Have a happy day!
Merilee
 
Recipe
Paper:  Melody Ross Designer Collection-Homespun Chic (blue and white pattern), AC Pattern Paper-Everyday (yellow polka dot), Recollections
Markers and InkLetraset Markers, Atyou Spica Twinkling Like Stars Pens, Sakura Ice Cream Smooth Gelly Roll Pens, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Ribbon and Embellishments:  Offray Straight 'N' Narrow, Tiny brads from my stash
Stamps:  Flourishes Clear Art Stamps, Bike Ride, Whimsy Stamp Collection, Tab 1 Sentiment Sets, Glitz Clear Stamps, Happy Travels, Whimsy stamp from the Magical Mini Letter Seals Collection
Tools:  Martha Stewart Score Board, Martha Stewart Punch-Sunburst, Whimsy Stamp Collection, Tab Die 1, Big Kick, Blending Tool, ATG gun, Foam Tape, Mini Glue Dots
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...what a beautiful card! Your coloring is just totally fabulous and I love all the wonderful little details...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. :o)

    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project. Glad to hear you have recovered from surgery.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete