Sunday, October 14, 2012

Masculine Card using Center Step Card Base - Card 1 of 2

Hi Everyone!  Thanks for hanging in there while I sorted out my camera issues.  I'm finally back in action again.  Yay!

Today I want to share a masculine birthday card I made using a center step card base.  I wanted to do something a little bit different and this base is quick and easy.  I found a great tutorial for this base on splitcoaststampers.com here.
I actually have two upcoming birthdays for boys in my family, so I made two of these center step card bases at the same time and changed out the papers and themes to personalize them for each recipient.
I'll share the second one with you tomorrow...sorry!  :o}  But for today's card, I used an image of a darling little boy fishing.  Isn't he so adorable!?!  I just couldn't resist using him!
This image was stamped on kraft cardstock and inked around the edges.  I didn't do any fancy coloring or shading in this case--it just didn't call for it.  I think he's cute enough on his own, don't you?  However, I did add the "water" below my little fishing man using a border stamp from the Stitches collection by The Paper Studio.
I just love the dimension of this card base.  I didn't need to add much detail for interest, but to reinforce the fishing theme, I added some stickers from the Gone Fishin' collection by Paperhouse Sticky Pix.
For the inside of the card I created a wallet made from faux leather paper.  To hold the wallet in place, I wrapped a ribbon around it and adhered it to the card base on the underside of the wallet.  Then I added the matted birthday sentiment over top.  Here's what the wallet looks like open...


On the back of the card I stamped my logo and framed it out with coordinating papers.
And that's it!  I hope you liked today's card.  Thanks for joining me today and I'll be back with another card soon.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Recipe:
Paper and Cardstock: Recollections-Mosaic Memories; All other Papers and Cardstock-Recollections
Markers and Ink:  Sharpie Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Powder Puff Chalk Ink, Martha Stewart Pigment Ink
Ribbon, Stickers and Embellishments: Studio Decor-Shadowbox Embellishment Kit, Paperhouse Sticky Pix-Gone Fishin', Michaels-Adhesive Studs
Stamps: Prima No. 545123, Inkadinkado-Summer Assortment Mini, Stampology, The Paper Studio-Stitches
Tools: Martha Stewart Score Board, Fiskars Paper Trimmer, Blending Tool, ATG gun, Scotch Foam Tape, Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marilee and thank you so much for the lovely comments you wrote on my blog and my youtube channel! I love this hobby because we get to meet fellow talented crafters! Love your style! So many layers and work in each one of your cards! And i love that you do the insides too! I will be visiting! Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what fabulous cards! So many wonderful layers, fun details and cute images! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is phenomenal! I'm always stumped on how to create great male cards. This gave me some great ideas! Love the faux wallet and just how the whole card came together! Excellent job Merilee!

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete