Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recycled Christmas Cards III

Hello again!  Today I've got two posts again!  :o)  It seems it's feast or famine here in Merilee Lane blogosphere!  :o)  I hope you're enjoying the feast, lol!


My next card is yet another continuation of my Christmas Card recycling blitz!  Here is the card in its humble beginnings:






Unfortunately, once again I forgot to take a picture of the card before cropping the image (oops!), but I think you get the idea.  I think you can see the beautifully embossed snow scene in the background.  I still plan to find a way to use this background, but for today's card, I chose Santa and the snowman.




Once again, I used my Spellbinders dies to crop the image, as well as the two mats.  Each layer was inked with gold metallic ink before layering them together.  I also took just a tiny bit of Glossy Accents to fill in Santa's boots and belt, as well as the snowman's buttons.


The final card looks like this:




The card base was cut of green cardstock.  I then used the same snowflake embossing plate as the previous card, but this time I adhered the debossed side to the card.  Using my gold metallic ink and a blending tool, I applied a light layer of ink in a circular motion to highlight the debossed snowflakes.  I really like the effect.  Once I was finished, I mounted the layer on top and applied a green strip of paper across the center with a red velvet ribbon on top.  With foam tape, I then adhered my matted image and added a double bow, some red sparkly beads, and another sprig of pine with my Martha Stewart punch.  However, this time I applied a small amount of Glossy Accents to the sprigs to give them a bit of presence.






For the inside of this particular card, I took a sentiment I found in a different card, cropped it with my die,  framed it in scraps of red cardstock that I mitered at the corners, and matted the finished frame on green cardstock.  I set that aside and took a piece of white cardstock, scored around all the edges, inked the scored area with the same ink as on the card front and, finally, adhered it to the inside card base.  Once that was in place I mounted my sentiment and added more pine sprigs.




That's it for today!  I hope you enjoyed my projects and begin recycling your favorite cards into beautiful works of art.  If so, please email me so I can see your work!


Thanks for stopping by and I'll chat with you tomorrow!


Merilee



Recipe:
Cardstock:  Red, green and white-my stash
Recycled Christmas Card:  Hope Greeting Collection-Habitat Org.
Ink:  Color Box Liquid Pigment Chalk Ink-Metallic Gold
Adhesives:  Xyron 5" Sticker Maker; 3M Foam Tape; ATG Gun 
Tools:  Big Kick; Spellbinders Impressabilities-Snowflake; Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies-Classic Rectangles-Large; Martha Stewart Punches-Pine Sprig; Blending Tool
Other:  Glossy Accents; Sparkly Red Beads-my stash; Red Velvet Ribbon-Frank's Nursery & Trims

No comments:

Post a Comment