Wednesday, March 7, 2012

April Fool's Day Hidden Message Slider Card-CCI Blog Design


Hi everyone!  I thought I'd share my design for the Creative Critterz Imaginations blog. The theme for my design is all about April Fool's Day.  I have to admit, this was one of the hardest designs I have done...ever!!  For the past week or more I have been going crazy thinking about what I could possibly design for April Fool's Day and I finally came up with this greeting card.
This is a hidden message slider card.  It features two "windows", one above the other.  When you pull the tag at the top, the bottom window slides up over the top window, exposing a hidden message.
The base was fairly easy to make--it was the content that had me stumped!  I surfed the net for April Fool's ideas over and over again, to no avail.  I finally began looking through some of my cartridges and thought it would be fun to use The Good Old Days for this card.
This announcer was perfect for my April Fool's Day gag.  I was thinking along the lines of an old fashioned radio game show host.  (No, I'm really NOT that old--I watch lots of Turner Classic Movies, LOL!)  I found the "This Just In" banner on the cartridge, but I used Word to create the "You have won a Free Trip" banner.
I couldn't resist using this car and camper!  "Family Vacation" was part of this image, but I printed and cut the pieces separately so I could arrange them to fit in this small space.  The car and camper printed as solid brown images, so I used my markers to add interest, taking cues from the details shown in the background papers, and then popped the whole thing up for dimension.
It really is a fun, interactive card with the hidden message that appears on the bottom panel.  Below is a close-up of the hidden message.  I used Word to create the "April Fool's" banner.
If you look in the cartridge book, you will find that this image is actually of a man eating a piece of cake.  However, I needed him to be speaking through a megaphone, so I used my markers to magically transform that piece of cake.  ;o}  Here's another view...
If you are interested in making a hidden message slider card, you will find the instructions at the Splitcoast Stampers website here.  There are also several video tutorials on youtube.com.
I hope you enjoyed my take on an April Fool's Day card.  If you enjoy all things retro like me, I highly recommend The Good Old Days cartridge.  There are lots of super cute images and background papers.  I just love it!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Merilee

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I just got the Good Old Days cartridge last week, I love retro too!! I made some cards with my Imagine (with Kate's Kitchen and Imagine More Cards) and posted pictures on my blog Carolyn's Creations (you had asked to see some photos and I now have one on it, it's a start!) Have a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyn! Your cards are darling! Thanks for sharing with me! :o)

    ReplyDelete