Saturday, March 10, 2012

Free Standing Pop-Up Card

Hello Everyone!  Happy Saturday to you! 
Today's featured card is a free standing pop-up card. It is super simple to make! I found the instructions at the Splitcoast Stampers website here.
In making this card, I wanted to make a birthday card for my youngest little granddaughter that could be displayed on the shelves in her room, since each of her sisters and brother have their cards displayed in their rooms.
This is a unique card, in that it folds flat to put in an envelope (hard to see in this photo) and then pops up to stand alone.
To make this card, I used my Cricut Imagine machine.  I love it because it really does make card making quick and easy.  The cartridges I used for this card are Kate's ABC's and Imagine More Cards.  

The card base was created as per the instructions here.  Once that was done, I cut the tag to insert in the middle of the base from the Imagine More Cards cartridge (page 23). Each piece was filled with various patterns as I went along.
This little girl, along with her background, is from Kate's ABC's (page 60).  This is such a darling cartridge.  I bought it specifically to make things for my newest granddaughter.  :o)  Each piece was cut and filled with colors and patterns from the Imagine More Cards cartridge.  

After gluing everything in place, I chose to add some detail with my markers by drawing in the kitty's face, outlining the butterfly and adding sprigs of grass here and there.  Also, if you look closely, you'll see the little girl's shaded coat and hat, details in the little girl's hair, as well as the kitty-cat's body.  When I was satisfied, I added a purchased ribbon flower from my stash. (You can find these ribbon flowers in the bridal department of your craft store.)
As you can see from this photo, ribbon and rickrack trim were added to the tag topper, as well as a pink flower eyelet from which the pretty ribbon is threaded and tied at the top with a pale pink satin ribbon.
Since this was my granddaughter's very first birthday, I added the cupcake with just one candle on the front (found on page 2 of the Imagine More Cards cartridge).  I printed and cut this as one piece, and then printed and cut it again in pieces so I could pop the cupcake up on an Action Wobble.  Below is a better view...
Lil' Sissy learned to flick the cupcake with her finger to get it to wobble back and forth. :o)
There actually is a place to sign the card--here is a view from the back.
Hope you enjoyed my card for today.  If you have an opportunity, try this fun, interactive card for yourself.  It is a great little card and can be used for so many different occasions and it works well with your Cricut!  :o)

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you again soon!

Merilee

2 comments:

  1. Great card...love all the details you added.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super, fun card! I have never seen this style before, but I think it is just so, so cute! And I love the way you have decorated it...adorable!
    Just became a follower of your blog and look forward to seeing more of your fabulous work!
    http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete