Friday, October 28, 2011

Back-to-School Spinner Card - I

Hi everyone!  TGIF and happy upcoming weekend!  

Today I'm featuring the first in a series of three back-to-school spinner cards that I made using my Cricut Expression and Wildcard Cartridge.  I made these cards for my grandchildren and sent them along with a box full of goodies to begin the new school year.
I used faces from one of my Peachy Keen stamp collections.  The little boy was cut from the Everyday Paper Doll Cricut Cartridge.
This little fella has three faces.  First is his smiling face...
Next is his frowny face...
And last the poor little fella is crying.  I think he misses his mommy!

I used glossy accents on the eyes in the first two faces.  I also used it over the tears in this last face.  I shaded in various places on his face, his hands and his body using my colored pencils.  I used clear accents for the buttons on his shirt and also used my colored pencils on his collar and sleeve cuffs, as well as his blue jeans and tennis shoes.
For the ties on his tennies I threaded some white embroidery floss through and tied it in bows.  He's also got cute little patches on his jeans!
The inside of the card is decorated using some fun dimensional stickers.


The envelope was cut with the Wildcard Cartridge, as well, and I lined it with matching designer paper.  I also cut a backpack and filled it with goodies, but that will be featured a different post.

Hope you enjoyed the first in a series of three matching spinner cards.  The next two will follow!

Thanks for joining me today.  Have a great weekend!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment