Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tri-Shutter Card

Hello everyone!  I don't have a lot of time today, but I do have some recent projects I wanted to show you.  I will be brief on my description, so if you'd like to know anything further, please don't hesitate to ask.

I've been trying some new card folds and this is one of my most recent creations:

 

This is how a tri-shutter card looks when it is folded flat.  I found the tutorial for this card at splitcoaststampers.com.   Someone very special to me got married recently and this is the card I created for the happy couple.  (That special someone is my daughter!)  There are several Irish blessings that I absolutely love, so I just had to create a card around the perfect blessing.

This is what the card looks like when it is open.  I just love unique cards, don't you?  This one is dimensional and stands well on its own.  Here are some close-ups:

 (I put these stick pins together myself using pearl and metal beads.  I added the pearls to the Tim Holtz metal frame--soooo pretty!  .)


(The sentiment was typed on my computer and printed on vellum.)

(Pretty metal button heart and cross charm.  I cut the shank off of the back of the button.)




This card was a gift in and of itself, so I wrapped it in pink tissue paper and carefully placed it inside a decorated DVD mailer for the perfect "present"ation.  (tee hee...)  Here it is:


(Don't worry, I removed the monogram from its frame and turned it right side up before mailing.  Whew!)


Hope you enjoyed my tri-shutter card, and don't forget--if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to answer them.

Thank you so much for visiting today!  Have a great day and I'll see you all again soon!

Merilee



No comments:

Post a Comment