Friday, October 28, 2011

Back-to-School Spinner Card - II

Hi everyone!  This is the second in a three-part series of spinner cards.  This card is a little girl and was made for my granddaughter.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I sent it along with a box of goodies to begin the school year.
The card and envelope was made using my Cricut Expression and Wildcard cartridge.  The little girl was made using my Everyday Paper Doll Cartridge.  For the faces I used one of my Peachy Keen stamp collections.  Isn't she too cute?  She reminds me of my granddaughter.
The first face is a cute little girl's grin.  I colored her face with colored pencils and filled in her lips and her nails with red colored pencil, topped with glossy accents.
This expression is a smile, plain and simple.  Her eyes are penciled in with brown, topped with glossy accents, as well.  I just love that stuff--it makes everything come to life!  I used ribbon and tiny little seed pearls for her buttons.
As on the previous little boy, I filled in her tears with glossy accents.  I also used my white opaque pen to add a little detail to her shoes.
 The inside of the card features a vertical strip of the designer paper, as well as a few dimensional sticker embellishments.

The spinning wheel turns quite nice and my granddaughter got such a kick out of turning it to see all of her expressions.

I was very happy the way the card turned out.  The little backpack was filled with goodies and will be featured in another post.

That's it for the second in this series.  There is one more to follow.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment