Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Criss Cross Card!

Hi Everyone!  I'm back today with another quick criss cross card.  These are so easy to create and, depending upon the papers you choose, you can make quite an impact.


The papers used for this card are from the Mariposa Paper Stack by Die Cuts With a View.  Aren't they beautiful?  I just love the colors!  I chose this pretty shade of green for the card base and matted everything in this coordinating blue.  All of these colors compliment one another so beautifully, don't you think?  Both shades of solid cardstock are from Micheal's Recollections line.


In case you missed my last one, the criss cross card consists of a criss crossed envelope with a postcard style insert.  I used a bit of bling to show the butterfly in flight, but chose to stay with clear rhinestones since the colors in the various papers are so soft and beautiful.


Once the card is removed from the envelope, you really begin to see this beautiful patterned paper.  I just love how the colors pop from the page, yet the images are soft and pretty.  


The sentiment is from the Marcella Howley Collection by Flourishes and came in an Easter pack; however, I thought this sentiment was perfect for a sympathy card, as well.  Again, I stayed with clear rhinestones since the paper is so lovely.  It really didn't need anything further to set it off.


As always, the back of the card should be just as pretty as the front, so a bit more bling and a tiny butterfly to go along with my business stamp.


This card was actually made using one 12 x 12 sheet of paper.  A different pattern was in each corner of the sheet, so I cut the paper in sections, using each different corner as a feature in various places on my card and envelope.  It's amazing how far one 12 x 12 sheet of paper can actually go, so don't be afraid to buy the larger paper packs for your cards.  The images are larger and really do make quite a statement.


I just love the colors in this card.  The blues and greens are so soothing and the papers in this collection are so beautiful.  I will definitely use this paper stack again!

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping buy!  I'll be back soon with another creation to share with you!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment