Sunday, January 15, 2012

Masculine 60th Birthday Card

Hi Everyone!  Hope your Sunday has been relaxing and enjoyable.

Today I'd like to share a masculine card made for a 60th birthday celebration.  I made this card using my Cricut Expression and the Wild Card cartridge.  This cartridge has so many fun little cards to make!


For this card I used a craft card base.  If you look closely, you will see that this image appears as though it has a torn edge.  I really liked this edge and took it one step further with my inks to create an edge that appeared to be burned.  


I used the card feature on Page 66 to create this masculine card.  The fish were cut and sketched in with my pencils to add detail.  I then used chalks to add shading and highlights.  The cattails were cut from a sheet of cork for added texture.  I held my breath when I put that cork in my machine, but it cut just perfect!  I used twine from which to hang the fish.


The inside of the card features the window "casing", as well as a pocket holding two stamped tags.  The sentiment stamps used for this card are from Hero Arts, CL148.


The pocket was stitched with my sewing machine and I added a small button for a little extra detail.


The tags were cut from my Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge and have blue ribbon threaded through and secured with a staple at the top.  I used the sentiment stamps for the "celebrate" tag, but for the "you're 60" tag, I carefully hand wrote the words and numbers, trying to duplicate the same font.  I think I got pretty close, all in all.

I try to coordinate my business stamp with the card's overall scheme.






It is always fun to create matching envelopes.  As long as I can remember, I have always been a stickler for coordinating envelopes, lol!  Long before I had my Cricut, my husband used to lose patience with me in the store when I took extra time to find the perfect envelope to match my card--a plain white one would never do, lol!  

Didn't this envelope turn out cute with the twine stitched across the back flap?  :o)  The front of the card was finished similar to the tags inside, since I knew it wouldn't be mailed.


Well, I hope you enjoyed my card for today!  I'll be back soon with another creation!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment