Monday, January 9, 2012

Crisssross Cards--So Fun and Easy to Make!

Hello Readers!  I hope this Monday is the beginning of a wonderful week for you!  Today I have a fun and super easy crisscross card to show you.  You can find a tutorial for this card on www.splitcoaststampers.com.

My niece was celebrating her birthday so I made this card especially for her.  The colors and patterns are a great reflection of the fun loving, girlie-girl she is!  



Today's post features The Street Lace Stack, a darling paper stack by Die Cuts With a View.  I was lucky enough to find this paper stack in the clearance section of my favorite Michaels store and I loved the paper so much that I bought three paper pads!

As you can see below, the card itself is a crisscrossing pocket envelope with a post card style pullout card inside.



The envelope couldn't be easier to make!  I used gray cardstock for the base, followed by hot pink cardstock cut just inside each flap, topped by the lacy patterned cardstock.  The center medallion was made by fussy-cutting one of the flowers from the patterned cardstock and matting it on top of hot pink cardstock cut to the same shape, but slightly larger.  I used my Martha Stewart scalloped circle for the flower center, topped with an extra large, hot pink brad. Since the paper was so fancy, I just had to fancy up that brad by placing some bling over top.  However, I only had large, clear rhinestones, so I used my markers to match the hot pink on the card and...voila, instant matching bling!


I also placed smaller rhinestones along the edges of the flower for a little added pizazz!  After all, this girlie-girl card was for my girlie-girl niece, lol!  Nothing short of spectacular would do!


For the inside card, the base was cut from hot pink cardstock, covered with this darling lacy extravaganza.  Once again, I fussy cut a large flower and matted it in hot pink to add in the lower right-hand corner.  As you can see, it has plenty of bling, too!


For the tab on top I used my Martha Stewart scalloped punch and layered that atop a punched half circle.  I then secured it all with a black rhinestone brad.  The stamped sentiment is from Crafty Secrets Glamour Girls large stamp set.  Nothing less than glamorous would do for this card!


I always try to match the theme of the card when adding my business stamp, so I stamped a piece of the lacy cardstock with my business stamp, punched out the circle and finished the edges with my fancy scissors.  I then cut a larger circle from hot pink cardstock, once again finished the edges with my scissors, matted the business stamp on top and polished it off with one tiny pink rhinestone.


Even though this card has it's own envelope, it cannot be mailed as it is.  So I made an envelope to match the card.


The envelope was standard white, on which I added a black background and fussy-cut some of the edge of this beautiful patterned cardstock.  I then added a piece of gray cardstock for the label, again matted in hot pink.  I always use my Xyron machine to secure paper to the outside of any envelope.  That way I can be sure nothing will be torn or ripped while in transit with the postal service.

I saw my niece over the holidays and she told me how much she loved her birthday card.  That, in and of itself, makes all the work involved well worthwhile!  After all, this is what I live for--adding a little happiness to someones day!

Thanks for visiting today and I hope to see you again soon!

Merilee

No comments:

Post a Comment