Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Box Card and Corner Bookmark Gift Set

Hey everyone!  I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your Wednesday.  Things are quiet here--perfect for a blog post, lol!

Today's feature is a box card and corner bookmark gift set.  This card was super easy to make!  I found the instructions on the Splitcoast Stamper site here.  I love this website!  I have found so much great inspiration there!


The card was made according to the tutorial, but the envelope was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Wild Card cartridge.    I used some flower embellishments made from colored vellum.  Using an embossing tool and pad, I added some additional interest to the flowers and topped them with a pretty fabric-covered brad.  


The unique thing about a box card is that it folds flat for mailing, but when the recipient removes the belly band and opens it, the card folds out into the shape of a box.

  


To create the sentiment, I used my oval die and stamp set from My Favorite Things.  I stamped the sentiment on recycled acetate taken from the blister packaging from a Cricut cartridge.  I always use black Stazon Ink in this instance.  I then ran it through my Big Kick with the oval die.

I decided to pop the sentiment up for a little bit of dimension using very small, flat beads hidden just underneath the stamped border.  You can see them below if you look closely.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere the beads to the acetate.





I wanted to add a gift inside, but the gift had to be small and flat in order to fit properly when folded closed.  What better gift than a corner bookmark!  They are easy to make and very handy to use.  Although mine is slightly modified, you can find a general tutorial here.  I made this one using coordinating papers and ribbons.


The embellishments match those on the belly band of the card and I scored lines in the flowers to match the others.  Here is a closer view...

 

I hope you enjoyed my project for today!  I have lots more projects to share, so please join me again soon.   

Merilee



No comments:

Post a Comment